1. We have moved to a new Forum System. Please let us know if you have any issues.
    Dismiss Notice

Minnesota Valley Winter Rally - 02/11/12

Discussion in 'Past Events' started by derrian, Jan 25, 2012.

1. Derrian

Derrian Guest

SCCA - Land O' Lakes Region - Road Rally
    [​IMG]

The Minnesota Valley Winter Rally is a 100 mile TSD night road rally traversing the high quality gravel roads of the Minnesota River Valley. The rally will start in Chaska, MN and end in Belle Plaine, MN. This is part of the ASCC Winter Rally series, as well as the of the SCCA championship series. The roads are fun and the simple novice friendly instructions make it an event both experts and novices can enjoy.

Date: Saturday, Feb 11th 2012
    Last day to register online: Fri Feb 10, 2012
    About: 100 mile night rally over the best roads of the Minnesota River Valley. All mileages, mostly unpaved, simple instructions.
    Registration
    4PM, FCO 5:01
    Cost: $30 for SCCA members, $35 for others
    Start: Tommy's Malt Shop Chaska, MN
    End: Andy's Bar and Tavern, Belle Plaine, MN
    Rallymaster: Clarence Westberg
    RSVP clarence.westberg@gmail.com or 952-381-2758
    Register here: http://www.motorsportreg.com/index..../uidEvent/0BE24B6C-B77D-08E5-462AD3157C71E699

2. cmspaz

cmspaz New Member

But... rocks.

3. SurlyOldManMN

SurlyOldManMN New Member

I'm looking for a co-driver for this.

4. Straitup D

Straitup D dope

shotgun!!!!!!

what dose a codriver need to do for this?

5. SurlyOldManMN

SurlyOldManMN New Member

Math.

It boils down to being able to figure out where you need to be when given a route book. Usually you'll be using the mileage on the odometer and a synchronized watch/clock to make that happen. There are some things that are available to make the calculations easier/unnecessary.

I'm not planning on being competitive since I've only driven one road rally and co-driven a handful of others. I'm just looking for someone who is reasonably comfortable with math, has good problem solving skills and is capable of focusing for several hours.

Oh, and I'd prefer they not puke in the car.

If you're not familiar with TSD rallying you'll want to look it up. It's very different from performance rally. Less speed, more finicky navigation stuff, same awesome roads.

Last edited: Jan 30, 2012
  6. BankerBalt

BankerBalt New Member

so is this an offroad course or just normal roads and stuff? if normal roads and stuff, i'm totally down for this!

7. BankerBalt

BankerBalt New Member

nvm just read on the website... would've been fun! lol

8. Derrian

Derrian Guest

Slightly jealous of the volunteered co-driver here :)

BUT I do get car sickness from being a passenger in scenarios like this (Proving Grounds showed me this).

You both will have to post up some reviews on what you think of it. It is very interesting, but we are busy that day sadly.

9. SurlyOldManMN

SurlyOldManMN New Member

It's not "offroad" per se, they're just normal gravel roads no different than you'll find around here.

These guys do TSD rallies every other month or so, there are a few tarmac rallies in the summer.

Did I mention I have heated seats?

10. SurlyOldManMN

SurlyOldManMN New Member

11. Derrian

Derrian Guest

My car would never make it on those roads :( Though I could still be tempted to try :p

Either way I think a Subie has the best bet, it just makes me think rally car all around :)