1. We have moved to a new Forum System. Please let us know if you have any issues.
    Dismiss Notice

obscure road passion

Discussion in 'Noob Introductions' started by CountyRdRoamer, Sep 8, 2013.

1. Rewedmiata

Rewedmiata <font color="#EF77A6">Super Moderator</font>

What is this war-a-nty wizardry you speak of, is that like having tools and stuff to fix something without having tools? Witch! He's a witch! Fire!

For realz, Mazda so far didn't have issues with Jojo's ms3 being modded though I have heard about the same from newer Subaru/Mitsubishi/Mazda owners. Mod it anyway, what could go wrong?......(walks off to garage of broken cars)

2. CountyRdRoamer

CountyRdRoamer New Member

I would like to mod the engine but STi's are notorious for having piston issues (ringlands). It seems like if you push much more boost than stock you can run into these problems. Also I have heard horror stories of claims being denied for as little as having an aftermarket intake on. I'm pretty happy with the stock power level, just focusing on handling now. I don't think I'll ever by new again, warranty restricts what you can do more then I thought...

3. Derrian

Derrian Guest

Warranty can definitely have its advantages. They had to yank out and redo my tranny at 10k miles. I do like the peace of mind that a funny noise and I can just take it in to have it looked at. But the waiting for that warranty to go away so you can have more fun parts.

Sucks slightly

4. AmomentsLyfe

AmomentsLyfe New Member

Welcome and that's one sexy Sti you have there